Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) in Camp Beauregard, Louisiana
**NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
LOCATION: NGLA-JPM-PH (J1), PINEVILLE, LA
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard (ARNG). The purpose of this position is to supervise and manage two or more of the following human resource programs: Health Services Program, to include Line of Duty (LOD), Incapacitation Pay (INCAP), Warrior Transition Unit (WTU), Active Duty Medical Extension (ADME), Medical Retention Processing 2 (MRP2), and Medical Boards to include MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB), Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), and Physical Evaluation Board (PEB).
Open Areas of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Enlisted (E-7 & E-6 only) members of the Louisiana National Guard.
NOTICE: THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRED ALL EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL PERSONS HIRED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.**
Learn more about this agency
**Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Directly supervises and provides technical and administrative supervision over Human Resources Assistants (Military), Human Resources Specialists (Military), and specialist within the other specialized functions of the MILPO office. Formulates human resources and administrative procedures and policies based on the interpretation of regulations and directives from Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Army (DA), and the National Guard Bureau (NGB). As required, performs military human resources work in any of the program areas, for which assigned, for officer, warrant officer, and enlisted members and includes but is not limited to: processing and reporting on status of LOD investigations, formal and informal; processing INCAP pay; processing and providing quality control of MRP2 and ADME packets; providing oversight and tracking of personnel assigned to WTU; providing oversight to Tricare and Military Medical Support Office (MMSO) and coordinating for treatment and follow-on authorization of care; coordinating fit for duty evaluations; processing Soldiers for entrance into the MEB and PEB; tracking medically non-deployable Soldier status within the State; working in coordination with the Medical Detachment in the training of Medical Readiness NCOs.
(2) Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of assigned program areas, ensuring that legal and regulatory requirements are met. Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and military human resources objectives and establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of the same. Coordinates, plans, and schedules with other organization managers and customers as appropriate. Reviews and provides advice on organization missions, functions, and manning of serviced units. Identifies, analyzes, and provides recommendations to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
(3) Oversees and reviews the accounting of funds for accounts relating to the area of assignment which may include but is not limited to: NGB tours, incapacitation pay, medical care, severance pay, and MMRB attendance and requires exercising proper control measures, forecasting, and developing and conducting of internal audit reviews. As required, provides reports on audits and outlines any changes to be made as a result of the findings.
(4) Performs other duties as assigned.**
- #### Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Specialists
Specialists, Human Resources
Conditions of Employment
**1) National Guard Membership is required.
2) Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
3) Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
4) May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee must also be in a compatible military assignment (MOS/AFSC) prior to or within one year of placement.
Military Grades: ENLISTED (E-7 & E-6 only)
Compatible Military Assignments:**
- ENL (E-7 & E-6 only) = CMF: 42A, 68W;
**SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
*LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS - Acceptance of this position may result in the loss of contracted incentive(s). For further details, contact the LANG State Incentive Manager, at (504) 278-8116 (ARMY) 391-8336 (AIR FORCE). *
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.**
**GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least Thirty-Six (36) months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.**
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
HR Information Systems Application and Information Management
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
Application Packet (Click Link To Download) and submit other supporting documents.
Security Clearance Form (Please complete this form and submit if you do not have at least a "SECRET" security clearance.)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume, application packet, and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
LANG HRO INBOX
LA ARNG J1 PERSONNEL AND MANPOWER 496 3RD STREET PINEVILLE, LA US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499356300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/11/2018 to 05/31/2018
Salary: $61,218 to $79,586 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent