Army Installation Management Command Fitness Facility Manager NF-03 in Fort Polk, Louisiana
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army! Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is those residing in the local commuting area (defined as Beauregard, Rapides, Sabine and Vernon parishes). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at one of DFMWR/Community Recreation Division, 1st MEB Fitness Center on Fort Polk, LA.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Fitness Facility Manager directing and supervising diverse functions required to operate a fitness facility up to 64,798 SQ FT. Works under the direction of the Chief, Fitness, Athletics, and Aquatics.
- Supervises and oversees the management and operation of a Fitness Facility. Establishes employee work schedules and performance objectives and appraisals.
- Coordinates with higher management to meet goals and objectives within deadlines and participates in the Recreation Delivery System (RDS) process.
- Assists in the development of budgetary and manpower requirements and recommends adjustments due to changes in program demands or hours of operation.
- Assists in the development and reviews specifications for instructors and other contracts. Monitors contractor performance, extending or terminating contracts as warranted, in conjunction with NAF Contracting and approves payments.
- #### Job family (Series)
0030 Sports Specialist
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Possesses and maintains the following certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED, and Nationally Recognized Basic Fitness Trainer Certification
- Must complete the following course(s)/class: MWR Orientation Course, Customer Service, and Equipment (Safe Operation and Basic Maintenance Repair)
- Highly Desirable: MWR Sports and Fitness Administration Course and Lifeguard Management
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks IAW AR 215-3, 2-13, to include a National Agency Check with inquiries (NACI)
- Possesses directly related work experience in planning, supervising, administering or carrying out a sports program that included a variety of individual and team sports and guiding participants in developing the skills needed for participation in sports activities and teaching the techniques of various sports.
- Experience that includes the demonstrated ability to manage and operate complex multiple fitness facilities.
- The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level. Highly Desirable:
- Candidates who possess a combination of education (an undergraduate in related fields such as Physical Education or Kinesiology) and the ability, knowledge and skills to perform the duties identified above.
- Candidates who possess a combination of education (an undergraduate degree in related fields such as Physical Education or Kinesiology) and the ability, knowledge and skills to perform the duties identified above.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- If you are claiming Military Spouse preference, you will be required to submit PCS orders and marriage certificate to verify your preference claim at time of application.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) SCNAFEP1810168376SR.
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
CHRA NAF FORT POLK
EP-NAF-W0VFAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT POLK AND JRTC DO NOT MAIL Fort Polk, LA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494848600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/23/2018 to 06/25/2018
Salary: $25,800 to $41,740 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 3
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent